Almost all areas within Award Force have an 'advanced' search filter available, located at the top right of the screen. Filtering can be used to narrow down a list of results to include only those that are relevant for a particular purpose. Some examples include:
- Entries > Manage entries
- only entries in a particular category
- only entries that are in progress
- only users with a specific role e.g. entrant, judge, chapter manager, guest, program manager
- only orders that are awaiting payment
- Settings > Entries > Fields
- only fields that appear on a particular tab
You can also add multiple filters to narrow down results even further. The options available to filter vary depending on the location. For example, in Manage entries options include Chapter, Category, Status, Review status, Moderation and Tags (only shows if you have tags created) whereas in Users you can filter by Role and Entries.
How to filter results:
- In the search box, click Advanced
- Select which options you would like to filter by (choose as many as you like)
- Click Search
- You can now do what you like with the information. You may want to:
- Export an Excel or CSV file
- Send a Broadcast
- Tag entries (Entries > Manage entries and Judging > Leaderboard only)
Adding additional search filters
You have the ability to add your own fields to the search filter. The field types that can be added are:
- Phone number
- Radio buttons
- Text (single-line)
- Text (multi-line)
To add a field to search:
- Go to Settings > Entries > Fields
- Select the field you want to make searchable
- In the middle column, check the box Available in advanced search
- If the Resource type is Entries then it will show on the Manage entries filter menu.
- If the resource type is Users it will show on the Users filter menu
- If the field type is Checkbox, Radio buttons or Select there will be a drop-down menu with the available options.
- If the field is any other type, the field can be used as a normal search box where you type what you’re searching for.
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.