A second stage payment can be configured to collect any additional payment on entries that have already been submitted.
It is important you follow the order in which these steps need to be completed:
Set up the price(s)
- Go to Settings > Payments > Prices
- Click New price
- Add a relevant title (ex. ‘Balance amount’ or ‘Second stage fees’)
Note: this price name will be visible to entrants
- Open the Type drop-down and select Tag
- In Tags line, type a new tag name or select from an existing tag.
Only entries with this tag will receive the notification to make the payment
- Add the amount for each supported currency
If more than one amount is required, you will need to configure an additional price for them.
Set up Notification
- Go to Settings > General > Notifications
- Create a copy of the Entry submitted notification.
Note: you can also create a new notification, but a copy will provide relevant content and merge fields.
- Click the notification's subject
- Open the Trigger drop-down and select Entry tagged
- Type in the same tag name as set up in the price section above
- Make any desired updates to the email's subject and body, taking care to include a reference to the additional payment
- Go to Entries > Manage entries
- Click the box next to the entry/entries you want to send this payment information to
- Open the Action drop-down and select Tag
- Type in the exact same tag as used in the price and notifications
- Click Tag to apply
On the entrant view, a button will be displayed below the tagged entry. It will read 'Pay <price title>'. Clicking this button will take them to the cart where they make the payment. An order is generated in the same way as the entry fee payment.
The notification can be used one at a time with different tags.
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.