In the event that you need to assign a specific entry to a specific judge, or judges, instead of a whole category, you can do so with manual assignments.
Creating manual assignments
- In the Manage workspace, go to Judging > Settings > Assignments
- Click New manual assignment
- Select the relevant:
- Score set from the Score set drop-down option; see Configure score sets
- Round from the Round drop-down option; see Round configuration
- You can search for a judge by typing the name and/or by role using the Advanced search filter
- You can search for an entry by name, ID, status (i.e. in progress or submitted), and category
- You can assign a defined number of entries per judge by using the Random selection option
Delete manual assignments
To delete an assignment:
- From the Manage workspace, navigate to Judging > Settings > Assignments
- Open the Advanced search and use the Judge filter to locate the assignment
- Check the box next to the assignment
- Click Delete
The entry will no longer appear in the judge list of entries. If a judge has started or completed a judging assignment, the assignment can no longer be deleted completely. Instead, it will be marked as 'stray'. You can learn more about stray scores here: What are stray scores?
The deleted (stray) assignments will not be included in any reporting. This feature protects historical data as there was judging activity that took place within these assignments, in case you ever need to recover those scores in the future.
To recover scores, create another manual assignment with the same entry and judge.
Need more help? Get in touch!
Simply send us a message via this form and we will get back to you quickly!
Our globally distributed client success team are here to help 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday (business hours).