There are four ways in which users can be added to a program within Award Force. You can:
- Allow self-registration: a good option if you don't have a predetermined list of users who will be participating. It also removes any risk of incorrect email ids being added to the system due to human error.
Note: email verification is required to complete registration.
- Add users individually: users can be added one at a time via Users > New user. No verification is required in this case
- Invite users: a good option if you'd like to invite a number of users to the platform and assign them a role
- Import users in bulk: best suited when you have a large number of participants, whether they be entrants, judges, or any other role
Self-registration for users is enabled by default on the homepage. To toggle this option off and on:
- Go to Settings > Users > Registration
- Under the Registration heading, check or uncheck the Home page registration is open option
Add users individually
- Go to Users
- Click New user
- Add the person's name, email address and a 12 character password (they can change the password once logged in)
- Under Account roles, select Entrant or other desired role(s)
Once you have added the user(s) you can send an email with the password you chose [Broadcast option is not available on Starter plan]. When they log in to Award Force, they can change their password by clicking on their name in the top right corner of the screen and selecting Profile.
- Go to Users
- Click Invite users
- Add the email addresses associated with the individuals you'd like to invite, separating them with a comma, new line, semi-colon or colon
- Select the role(s) you would like for these users to have
- Compose an optional message to be included in the outgoing notification to these users
- Click Send invite
Once a user has been invited, they will appear with your Users list with the invited confirmation status. When the user accesses the system for the first time, they will be asked to supply their first name, last name, and a password in addition to any applicable user fields.
Import users in bulk
- Go to Users
- Click Import users button (bottom of the page)
- Download the linked import template spreadsheet
- Enter your user data following the spreadsheet template format.
Important: do not leave any name or email cell blank or the import will fail. If you are not uploading mobile numbers for your users, the entire column can be left blank but the header must remain. Please note, if you are adding a phone number for each user, you need to use the international format (Read more about it: List of country dialing codes) Eg. +44 785 111 111.
- Click Select file to import the spreadsheet (must be .xls or .xlsx)
- Select the Role to apply to imported users from the drop-down
- Click Process
The import happens in the background. You will receive an email when the process is complete (usually within a minute or two), with a link confirming that the import was successful.
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.