There are three ways in which users can be added to a program within Award Force. You can:
- Allow self-registration: this is a good option if you don't have a predetermined list of users who will be participating. It also removes any risk of incorrect email ids being added to the system due to human error. Note: email verification is required to complete registration
- Add users individually: users can be added one at a time through Users > New user. No verification is required in this case
- Import users in bulk: this is best suited when you have a large number of participants, whether they be entrants, judges or requiring any other role
Self-registration for users is enabled by default on the homepage. To toggle this option off and on:
- Go to Settings > General
- Under the Registration heading, check or uncheck the Home page registration is open option
Add users individually
- Go to Users > New user
- Add the person's name, email address and an 8+ character password (they can change this later)
- Under Account roles, select Entrant or other desired role(s)
Once you have added the user(s) you can send an email with the password you chose [Broadcast option is not available on Starter plan]. When they log in to Award Force they can change their password by clicking on their name in the top right corner of the screen and selecting Profile.
Import users in bulk
- Go to Users
- Click Import users button (bottom of the page)
- Download the import template spreadsheet (linked in the description text)
- Enter your user data following the spreadsheet template format. Do not leave any cell blank else the import will fail. Please note, when adding a phone number, you need to use the international format (Read more about it: List of country dialing codes) Eg. +44 785 111 111.
- Upload the import file (must be .xls or .xlsx)
- Select the role to apply to imported users
- Choose a default password or leave blank to force users to generate a password reset to log in.
An assigned default password will be used by all imported users. This password will not be applied to any email id which already existed in the database before, i.e. users already registered within an Award Force account.
Alternatively, if you leave the Default password blank, your users will need to click on Reset password from your login page to be emailed a password reset link.
- Click Process
- The import happens in the background. You’ll receive an email when the process is complete (usually within a minute or two), with a link confirming that the import was successful. Please note imported users will not receive any email notification. You will need to contact them directly.
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.