The qualifying judging mode simply requires a pass or fail decision. This mode might ordinarily be used as a first stage in a judging process to eliminate entries that do not meet the base requirements for the category/program. Qualifying might therefore be done by a group of administrators to ensure a preliminary degree of quality and integrity amongst entries that then pass through to a VIP panel of judges.
To set up qualifying requires three things to be configured:
- A judging round to control access period
- A qualifying score set to record decisions
- Panel(s) to assign who can qualify which entries
- Go to Settings > Rounds
- Create a new round, setting the type to Judging
- Set start and end dates for the qualifying period
For more detailed instructions, see Round configuration.
- Go to Judging > Score sets
- Create a new score set, setting the judging mode to Qualifying
- Qualifying configuration options include:
- Order (not currently used)
- Quantity of responses required for consensus
You might for example have 5 people assigned to review entries, but require only at least 3 responses for an acceptable consensus.
- % of pass responses required to qualify
Once a minimum quantity of responses is received, this % controls whether everybody needs to agree on a pass to qualify, or just some. You might say everybody must be in agreement and 100% passes are required, or only half of responses need to be a pass for example.
- Allow unsure decisions
If a judge selects this option, it does not count towards the decision
- Once you have all options configured, click Save.
Under the Display tab you have many other options such as:
Category quick filter: to enable judges to filter by a category quickly
Order entries: choose the order in which you want to display entries for judges
Commenting options: choose if judges can leave a comment and/or if other judges can see each other's comments
Attachment options: choose if attachments should be displayed and/or available for download
Share scores: Control whether you display scores from another score set to judges on this score set. See more about displaying score matrixes to judges.
Slideshow and Display: choose if you want to create a slideshow for all media in the entry and choose to show/hide entry and entrant name
- Go to Judging > Panels
- Create a New panel
- Choose Qualifying as the judging mode, and select the score set created earlier
- In the Entries section, check the categories / chapters / tags for entries that can be qualified.
- In the Who section select who will be allowed to qualify entries.
- In the When section, check the round configured earlier, for when qualifying will be permitted.
- Click Save.
Once all the above is done, refresh the page and if you’re on a qualifying panel and the qualifying judging round is currently open, you will see a Entries > Qualify entries link in the navigation.