There are three ways that judges can be added to Award Force. You can:
- Add judges individually, which is an easy option if you only have a few judges.
- Import them, which is best suited for a large number of judges.
- Have judges self-register, which is a good option if you want judges to apply for the role.
Adding judges individually
- Go to Users
- Click New user
- Add the judge’s name, email address and password
- Under Account roles, select Judge
Once you have added the judge/s, you can send an email to the judge/s with the password you chose. When they log in to Award Force, they can change their password by going to their profile.
Import judges in bulk
- Go to Users
- Click Import users at the bottom of the page
- Download the provided import template
- Enter your judge data following the spreadsheet template format and save the document
Important: if your program requires a mobile number (setting is located in Settings > Users > Registration), it will need to be added in the template. Without this value the import will fail. Mobile numbers must be added in international format, ex. +44 785 111 111.
even if a mobile number is not compulsory, it is necessary to keep the Mobile column in the spreadsheet.
- Click Import file and select the template
- In the Role to apply to imported users drop-down, select Judge
- Click Process
The import happens in the background. You’ll receive an email when the process is complete with a link confirming the import was successful.
Be aware that when importing users, the user email address must be unique— if a user already exists in the system, the import process will simply add the specified role to the user. The user’s name and other roles will not be changed.
When your judges are invited to log in for the first time, they will need to to be instructed to click on the Forgot password link, found at the bottom of the 'Log in' form, to be emailed a password reset link where they will be given access to their user profile and have options to change/update their password. We strongly advise they change the password upon their first login
This process is only suggested if judge registration is open well in advance of judging and if you want to allow judges to apply to judge. If you have chosen and invited VIP judges, we recommend you create accounts on behalf of the judges to minimize their effort and to ensure all your invited judges exist in the system before you configure judging panels, etc.
To configure judge self-registration, follow this role registration form configuration guide. Once you have a destination registration form configured, you can then promote the URL for the form to potential judges.
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.