Configure a gallery
Galleries can be used to display a select set of entries to registered users, or completely publicly. Galleries are not limited to a season, so they can be used to display archives of entries with ongoing visibility.
Whilst not directly part of judging functionality, galleries are an outcome of judging and are configured in a very similar way, in 3 steps:
- Create a gallery score set
- Create a panel that defines who can access the gallery
- Adjusting role permissions of the gallery audience may also be necessary
For logged-in users, a correctly configured gallery will appear in the navigation menu. After following all the steps, be sure to refresh the page to be able to see it. If you have only one gallery configured, it appears in the menu with the score set name. If there is more than one gallery, they are each in a sub-menu, below a "Galleries" heading.
For a public gallery, you can send visitors directly to a gallery URL. You might include a link from the login page content block to your public galleries. To configure a gallery, follow the steps below or utilise the judging fast start.
Create a gallery score set
- In the Manage workspace, go to Judging > Settings > Score sets
- Create a New score set
- Name the score set— this name will be used in the menu to navigate to the gallery
- Choose the Gallery judging mode
- Start and End dates/times for the gallery are optional.
Tip: if you do not set a start time, it is 'open'. If you do not set an end time, it remains open indefinitely.
- Commenting is optional, but can only be activated for registered users
Note: anonymous commenting by unregistered users is not supported, to avoid spam and trolling.
Create a gallery panel
- From the Manage workspace, navigate to Judging > Settings > Panels
- Create a New panel
- Give the panel a meaningful name
- Set Gallery judging mode and select the gallery score set you have just created
- Define the Entries to be included in the gallery by limiting to set chapters, categories and tags
- Define Who will be able to see the gallery, this can be:
- Specific individuals with a judge role
- Any users with a specified role
- The general public by choosing the guest role
Making a gallery public
If you want a gallery to be visible to anybody (i.e. public), without logging in to your program, you would have set the panel above to be available to those with the guest role. All accounts come with a guest role by default. Check that the guest role is configured with the appropriate permissions for a public gallery, which are similar to those for public judging:
- Go to Settings > Users > Roles
- Click the name of the guest role
- The checkbox Guest account role for anonymous users should be checked
- The Scores (own) View permission must be set to Allow
Need more help? Get in touch!
Simply send us a message via this form and we will get back to you quickly!
Our globally distributed client success team are here to help 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday (business hours).