Moderation is a helpful tool that allows program managers to control which entries can proceed through to judging.
What do the moderation statuses mean?
All entries have one of three moderation statuses. By default, all entries are 'undecided'. As a program manager, you can reject or approve entries at any time, or revert them back to undecided.
Rejected: the entry will not go through to any judging round.
Undecided: the submitted entry will go through to judging, unless the judging panel is configured for approved entries only.
Approved: the submitted entry will show during judging.
How do I moderate an entry?
To moderate an entry, you have two options:
- In the Manage workspace, navigate to Entries
- Click on the entry's name or ID
- Under 'Moderation', select the status (Approved, Undecided or Rejected)
- Select the Manage workspace and go to Entries
- Select the checkbox to the left of each entry you want to moderate
- Open the Action at top of the page
- Select Approve, Undecide or Reject
You can moderate, tag and/or comment from the preview of the entry too.
- In the Manage workspace, go to Entries
- Click on the entry name or overflow menu (three dots)
- Click Preview
After clicking the entry name or ID After opening the overflow menu
- Select the desired moderation status
Panel configuration using the moderation
When setting up a judging panel, there is a checkbox option in the 'Entries' section of panel configuration to Only include moderation approved entries in this panel. By default, this checkbox is not selected.
Who can moderate entries?
By default, program managers can moderate entries. More specifically, when configuring roles, the Entries (others) permissions for View and Update are required to moderate. Learn more here: Roles and permissions.
For chapter managers to moderate entries, there is an additional setting Allow chapter managers to moderate entries in the Manage workspace under Settings > Entries > General.
Need more help? Get in touch!
Simply send us a message via this form and we will get back to you quickly!
Our globally distributed client success team are here to help 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday (business hours).