What are chapters?
Chapters are used to manage entries and judging arranged by a distinct classification, such as geographic area. You might have different entry dates by chapter, or a different set of categories. You can assign chapter managers to oversee entries and judges for a particular chapter. You may need to report on entries by chapter. You can also set-up judging panels (groups of judges) to judge specific chapters.
Examples of chapters include states, regions, cities, countries, departments, business units and so on.
- New accounts have a single "default" chapter configured.
- Depending on your program, your account may be configured to support multiple chapters or not.
- If you're not using multi-chapter functionality, nothing further needs to be done. All entries will be automatically and transparently associated with this default chapter.
- At least one chapter must exist in your account.
You may use and modify the existing default chapter, or if no entries have yet been created, you may delete the default chapter.
To configure an additional chapter:
- Go to Settings > Chapters > Add chapter
- Add a name for your chapter
- (optional) In the Manager list, select any managers you wish to assign to this chapter
- Only users with the chapter manager role will show in the manager list
- Assigning a manager in the list provides them with visibility and access to entries and management for their assigned chapter only
- Save your new chapter
Note that any chapters you create will be for the currently selected season in Settings > Chapters.
- When configuring a chapter, the Images tab allows you to upload chapter sponsor logos
- The logos appear in a vertical column to the far right when creating/managing an entry
- Strictly speaking, chapter images can be anything, they don't have to be sponsor logos
- A heading (such as "Chapter sponsors") can also be defined to display at the top of the column of images
- Setting a maximum image width constrains the width images are displayed at
- If images are larger than the maximum width, they are automatically downsized
- If images are smaller then the maximum, they remain at their original size
Single v multi-chapter awards
Things to check after adding chapters
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.