What is the leaderboard?
The Award Force leaderboard is the go-to resource for a birds eye view of your program's judging results. The leaderboard can be accessed from the Manage workspace by navigating to Judging > Leaderboard.
What does the leaderboard include?
By default, this view will display a list of entries with their ID, name, chapter, category, and the status of your judges' progress in the selected score set with entries listed from highest score (or votes) to lowest. Depending on the judging mode employed, a column will also display with a score for VIP judging, consensus for Qualifying, votes for Voting, and so on.
You can customise the list view by clicking the small cog icon and selecting additional columns to display. To find out more about searching and filtering, check out this guide: How to search and filter.
How do I use the leaderboard?
The most common use of the leaderboard is to view your "winners" or identify those entries that need to move onto subsequent judging stages. To make this easier, the default ordering shows the entries from highest to lowest score, most votes to least votes, etc. You can reorder the entries by clicking on the title in the table header.
With Award Force, the criteria for selection of shortlisting, finalists, and winners is completely flexible. It’s up to you to interpret the judging stage results and then apply tags to entries that record the outcome of the judging stage. Those tags can then control, e.g.:
- Entries that move to another judging stage
- Awards, like badges and certificates, that are given to entries
- Which entries may appear in galleries
Progress entries to another stage of judging
- In the Manage workspace, navigate to Judging > Leaderboard
- Click the checkboxes next to the entries that should progress to the next stage
- Click the Tag button
- Input your desired tag into the resulting field
- Click Tag
- Go to Judging > Settings > Panels
- Create a New panel
- In the 'Entries' section, select the tag you just created in the 'Tag' box—this will limit entries visible to the panel to only those entries with the specified tag
- Configure the other sections of the panel; see: Create a judging panel
- Click Save
For more detailed instructions, see: Moving entries between judging stages and selecting winners.
How do I know that the results are accurate?
Any changes made to the judging panels or scoring criteria can cause a discrepancy in the scores or decisions shown to judges and on the leaderboard. This is quickly remedied by clicking the Recalculate button at the bottom of the page. Depending on the judging mode that is used, this button will vary:
- Recalculate decisions for Qualifying judging
- Recalculate picks for Top pick judging
- Recalculate scores for VIP judging
- Recalculate votes for Voting
For more information, see: Leaderboard showing incorrect scores/decisions.
Can I see a granular breakdown of judge scores/decisions?
Should you wish to view how a judge has scored or the decisions they've made, simply click on an entry's name or ID from the leaderboard. This will take you to the manager's view of the entry. The 'Judge' tab includes a judging matrix of those scores or decisions.
Note: unique to VIP judging, you can view scoring in progress, denoted with the letter P as seen above.
Can other users see the leaderboard?
If you would like for users other than your designated managers to see the leaderboard, you can allow this in just a few steps.
- From the Manage workspace, go to Settings > Users > Roles
- Click your desired role or select New role to create a new one
- Click Advanced near the top of the page
- Set the Chapters permission for Create and View to Allow
- Set the Entries (others) View permission to Allow
- Set the Scores (others) View permission to Allow
Once you've completed these steps, your selected role's users will be able to view Judging > Leaderboard in the navigation menu.
For more information on roles and permissions, see: Ultimate guide to user roles.