Adding a table field to your program's entry form is a great way of collecting large amounts of detailed data from entrants in one easy-to-use field. While this guide provides instructions on adding table fields through use of the form editor, you can also configure these fields in the Manage workspace via Settings > Entries > Fields.
Create a table field
- In the Manage workspace, go to Entries, and click Edit form
- Locate where you'd like to place the table field and click the + icon
- In the configuration tray, select Table from the Field type drop-down
- Provide a label and short title for your field as well as any desired hint or help text
- In the Options area, hover your cursor over Column A and open the drop-down
- Click Configure column
Note: from this area you can also choose to insert a column to the left, insert a column to the right, or delete the column entirely.
- In the box that appears, set the column's label
- In the Column type drop-down, choose whether the column is:
- Plain text
- Integer (1)
- Decimal (0.1)
- Decimal (0.01)
- Currency; if currency is selected, choose your desired currency
- Select the Display column calculation checkbox if you've selected a numerical column type and wish for the values to be calculated by:
- If desired, select the User can add additional rows checkbox
- Repeat for additional columns, adding more columns by clicking the + icon
- Save when you're finished
- When exporting applications from the platform, data collected within a table field will appear in its own 'page' or 'sheet'.
- When using column calculation, totals aren't saved as data on the entry meaning that they won't appear in an export.
- The 'Average' calculator will always use the same number format as the column, which can lead to situations where the average of 1 and 2 is 2 (1.5 rounded up).
Need more help? Get in touch!
Simply send us a message via this form and we will get back to you quickly!
Our globally distributed client success team are here to help 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday (business hours).