What is review flow?
After an entry is submitted, it can be sent to an individual for review. The individual can make changes to the entry (depending what has been configured), and approve or reject the entry. Based on the outcome, the entry can be sent to another individual for review, and so on. In Award Force, this is called review flow.
Reviewers can be Program Managers or individuals nominated with an email address in the entry. Or of course, a combination of both.
You can create as many review stages as necessary. You can also create multiple different review flows, e.g. for different categories. The outcome of each review stage is that the reviewer chooses a review action to stop the entry or allow it to proceed. When planning your review flow, it might be helpful to draw a simple flowchart, like the following hypothetical example.
Review flow can control whether an entry is subsequently allowed through to judging by applying a moderation state of approved or rejected when a review action is applied.
Moderation rejected entries are never allowed through to judging. Learn more about moderation here.
Judging panels can be set to only view moderation approved entries. Without that setting, a panel will also see unmoderated entries, i.e. that may not have completed review.
There are three main steps in configuring review flow:
- Create your review stages
- Create notifications to be sent at each review stage
- Create content to be displayed in support of each review stage
For step-by-step instructions, see review flow configuration.
Some examples of how review flow can be used:
- Where an entry is a nomination, the nomination can be sent to the nominee for review. They may add further information and accept or decline the nomination.
- A business entry can be sent to the entrant's manager for review. The manager can make changes then approve/reject the entry.
- Program Managers can be notified of each submitted entry, for it to be reviewed and further information added, before moderation approval.
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.