Social sharing buttons are placed in various locations around the system to appropriately encourage social sharing. This is an optional feature that can be deactivated if not appropriate, for example, with internal company programs.
By default, 5x social sharing icons are displayed wherever social sharing buttons are placed. Which social networks/tools and their order are not fixed— they depend on the individual's social media behaviour, with the expected most relevant options being automatically displayed, in order to maximise the likelihood of engagement.
- Go to Settings > General > Social.
- AddThis profile ID is optional. If you use AddThis for social analytics you can put your profile ID in here for stats to be tracked on your account. Profile ID looks something like ra-12a3456789012a34. Note that in the AddThis control panel you will need to add a new tool to get it to work with Award Force. Please follow these instructions:
Go to Tools and click the +ADD NEW TOOL button:
Select Share buttons and choose the Floating tool type. On the last screen select the right-most tab and paste in the web address of your program's home page:
Then click the Activate Tool button. That's it! You don't need to do copy any code or do anything else.
- Default sharing message is passed to social networks that support seeding a message that the user can otherwise write or edit themselves. It's a good idea to write something that you would like your users to say when sharing a message about your program.
- Share title is passed to social networks that support a title with the share.
- Description is passed to social networks that support a description with the share.
- Share image is passed to social networks that support an image share. Facebook recommends images of 1200 x 630 pixels (at least) for best display on high resolution devices. However, bear in mind that the image will be resized down to 470 x 246 pixels for preview display in Facebook news feeds and 506 x 253 pixels in Twitter feeds. Don't upload an image less than 200 x 200 pixels as they may not be used by social networks.
Here's an example of what the result looks like in a Facebook news feed when an Award Force program account is shared: