By default, tags are only visible to users within Award Force that have a manager-type role as they can sometimes contain sensitive information or flag winners prior to the official announcement. Depending on your needs, there are a few options available to you:
Option one: Using badges
If your judges simply need to see what an entry has been tagged with, the easiest course of action is to create badges that correspond to your tags. Here's how to do so:
- Go to Settings > Judging > Awards
- Click New award
- Provide a Title
- Select the Badge radio button under Type
- Provide the tag that you'd like the badge to be associated with
- Under Visibility, select Score sets views
Note: selecting the Entrant views checkbox will show this badge to the entrant.
- Choose whether this badge should appear in all score sets or just some
- Provide your Badge text which may the the same as your title and/or tag
- Choose a Badge colour
The tag will appear to your judges within their judging view alongside the entry name.
Option two: Enabling permissions
If you would like your judges to be able to see tags instead of simply viewing badges, you can do so by following the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to Settings > Users > Roles
- Click on your judge role
- Set the Chapters permission for Create and View to Allow
- Set the Entries (others) View permission to Allow
- Set the Scores (others) View permission to Allow
- Set the Tags View permission to Allow
Tip: if judges also need to be able to tag entries from the leaderboard, also set the Create and Edit permissions to Allow.
Enabling the ability for judges to view tags may be helpful to you if:
- Entries need to be identifiable to judges outside of the normal category structure
- You'd like to highlight specific entries that judges should focus on
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.