If you've encountered the error message in Award Force like the one shown below, you've likely asked yourself, "Well, what is international format?" International format is the universally recognized way of formatting phone numbers with a country's unique dialing code at the beginning. To locate your dialing code, check out our list here.
Why do I need to use an international format?
We understand how inconvenient this can seem for those that don't dial internationally regularly, if at all, but the requirement serves a purpose.
As Award Force is a global company with clients around the world, our system requires that all phone numbers be entered in an international format. This format enables us to reach out to your users via SMS should you choose to configure this option. It also gives program managers useful data about users from different countries.
Right now, there's simply no way to customize this field or remove the international format requirement, however, there are a couple of options you might consider to make using this format easier on your users:
Customize the interface text that appears next to the phone number box to include more specific instructions by following the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings > Content > Interface text
- Click New override
- Select validation.phone_format from the Field dropdown
- Add your desired messaging to the Value line
On your entry form
Adjust your field configuration in either of the ways below:
- Include hint text to go along with your phone number fields which explains the international format
- Change the Field type to Numeric to remove the international calling code requirement altogether
- Here is some more information on the different field types
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.