With Award Force you can share qualitative judging feedback with entrants to help them understand how they performed based on your scoring rubric, and how they can improve. Sharing the scores and comments collected on an entry with entrants is easy and can be accomplished in just a few steps. If you'd like to share comments between judges, see our guide: Configure comments for judges.
Create a feedback round
- In the Manage workspace, navigate to Judging > Settings > Rounds
- Click Add round
- Create a name for your round
- Select the Feedback round radio button under 'Round type'
Set the Starts and Ends dates of when you want your entrants to have access to judging results
Note: if no start date is provided, feedback will be available immediately. If no end date is selected, feedback will be available indefinitely.
- If applicable, select the chapter(s) you want feedback to be available for
- Set the feedback options
- Visible to entrants allows your entrants to see the feedback judges have left
- Visible to judges will allow your judges to see the scores and feedback provided by other judges
- Anonymise judges removes the names of judges from comments made on entries
Display total scores only will display only the total scores of the entries
Note: if this option is selected, only the total score and overall comments of the entry will be displayed. Individual scoring criteria and their comments will not be shown.
- Select the categories you would like to share feedback with
Choose to share comments, scores, and/or category average
Comments can be set to show or not as part of the feedback.
Scores (from VIP judging) can be set to show or not as part of the feedback.Note: if there is more than one VIP judging score set, all score set scores are shown in feedback. Individual judges scores are not shown, only the average of all judges.
- Category average can be set to show or not as part of the feedback. This allows the entry to be benchmarked against all other entries in the same category.
If you choose to allow entrants to also see judges' comments, follow these steps:
- Go to Judging > Settings > Score sets
- Click on the name of the score set where you want to allow judges comments to be visible to entrants
- Open the 'Display' tab
Scroll down to the 'Commenting' area and select the Display comments on feedback view checkbox
See the entrant's view
To see the feedback yourself, open the Manage workspace and navigate to Entries. Every judged entry will have a View feedback button. Clicking this button will show you the judge's scores and/or comments in the same way it will be displayed to entrants.