Different roles have different permissions within Award Force. Access to various parts of the system can be controlled under Settings > Roles.
Program manager (previously known as Awards manager)
- Has access to every section in Award Force
- Can add other users as Judges, Chapter managers or Program managers
- Can see all data, including hidden fields and judge comments
- Can access entries from their chapter(s) only
- Can move entries into another category or chapter
- Can access Settings and Judging sections unless permissions are revoked
- Can view own entries only
- Can create and submit own entries
- Can vote if necessary permission is given
- Can only see and score entries assigned to them
- Can only see their own scores unless permissions are changed
- Cannot see scores of other judges unless relevant permissions are given
What do Deny, Inherit and Allow permissions mean?
|Permission||What does this mean?|
'Deny' is the only permission which overrides other permissions for a given resource, even if another role is set to ‘allowed’.
NB: We don't recommend to use the 'Deny' permission as it can prevent a user from accessing parts of the system.
Inherit means ‘by default’. By default the role doesn't have that permission unless another (additional) role allows it or it has been set to ‘allowed’.
For example, if a user has one role applied to 'inherit’, they won't have the permission. If they have two (or more) roles applied and one role has the permission set to 'inherit' and the other role with the same permission set to 'allow', then the 'allow' permission will override the 'inherit' permission.
Users of this role are allowed access.
Examples of common role permissions
|Permission||What does this mean?||Which role it applies to by default?||Who else can this be applied to?|
|Scores(own)||Anyone who has this permission can see their own score.||This permission is applied to the Judge role by default. Judges can create view, update and delete their own score.||
This permission can be given to Manager, Voter, Guest and Entrant role to be able to vote (or score).
|Scores(others)||Anyone who has this permission can see others' scores.||This permission is applied to the Program manager role by default. The Program manager can see scores scores from all judges.||
1) This permission can be given to Senior judges so they can see scores from other judges.
Note: access to the Leaderboard is global and not restricted to the panel(s) the Senior judge is on.
2) This permission is required to be set when 'Share scores' setting is on in the Score set. Share scores allows judges to see scores & comments from other judges on the entry.
|Entries(own)||Anyone who has this permission can see their own entry.||This permission is applied to the Entrant role by default. The entrant can create, view, update and delete their own entry.||Any role who needs to be able to create & submit an entry|
|Entries(others)||Anyone who has this permission can see others' entries|| This permission is applied to the Program manager and Chapter manager roles by default.
The Program manager can access all entries under Entries > Manage entries
The Chapter manager can access entries from their own chapter only.
A new role created who needs access to entries. Can be a PR person or an agency helping the client to collate data from the entry.
Note: it is advisable to set the 'Update' and 'Delete' permissions to 'Deny' to make this access view-only (and risk free!)
Need more help? Get in touch!
We're here to help if you need it. Simply get in touch with our Client Success team through one of the methods available at the base of the page.