User registration is required to be able to create entries. With a new account, (self-)registration is active with the minimum required user fields. Additional user profile information can be collected by configuring fields of the 'user' resource type.
The user registration form is in the middle column of the home page and can be activated/deactivated by a Program Manager via Settings > General > General > Home page registration is open checkbox setting. Program Managers may wish to disable user registration prior to entries officially opening, or after entries close.
The self-registration form on the home page contains the minimum system fields required of user accounts of any type. These fields can't be removed, renamed or reordered:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address and/or mobile number
User fields added to an account appear on the entrant registration form (on the account home/log in page), on the user's profile settings and in user exports.
To add user fields:
- Go to Settings > Fields
- Enter a field title
- Find out more about the various field labelling options
- By default, the field is created for the currently selected season
- For resource, select Users
- Set the field type best suited to the user content you wish to collect
- Field order is optional. Entering a number controls the order in which the field appears on forms, relative to other fields.
- In maximum words (appears only for certain field types), optionally set the number of words if you want to impose a limit
- Find out more about required, secure and searchable checkbox options
- In the far right column, you can set whether the field is displayed on 'step one' (the home page registration form) or on a subsequent 'step two' registration page (the recommended default)
- We recommend placing fields on step two, and only on step one if for example they are to record acknowledgement of privacy conditions or terms and conditions, before any data is saved
- Once a user reaches step two of registration, their step one information is saved in the system, regardless of whether they complete step two
- Once saving these settings, the field is immediately functional on the registration form