The 'Entry name' field is a system requirement and must be completed when creating an entry. This can, however, be renamed for greater relevance for your program. For example, your program may be collecting applications, submission, or nominations and, therefore, the 'Entry name' field would be better if labelled 'Application name', 'Submission name', or 'Nominee's name'.
There are two options allowing you to rename the 'Entry name' system field label:
Interface text override
This option allows you to change the default 'Entry name' label, effecting your entry form regardless of the category chosen by the entrant.
To rename the 'Entry name' label:
- In the Manage workspace, go to Settings > Content > Interface text
- Search for Entry name
- Insert your preferred wording into the text field (i.e. what you want to replace 'Entry name' with)
To learn more about interface text, see our guide: Interface text changes.
Advanced category settings
This option allows you to rename the 'Entry name' system field but only for a selected category. This means you can have a different 'Entry name' label for each category if you wish. If you only change the 'Entry name' label for a small selection of your categories, then all other categories will default to either 'Entry name' or your 'interface text override' if used.
To rename the 'Entry name' label specific to a category:
- Open the Manage workspace and go to Entries and click Edit form
- Select your category name from the drop-down
- Click the Settings icon that appears alongside the category
- Open the Advanced section
- Add the value you want into the Entry name label line
Before & after examples of changing the 'Entry name' field
|Before selecting the category||After selecting the category|
Need more help? Get in touch!
Simply send us a message via this form and we will get back to you quickly!
Our globally distributed client success team are here to help 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday (business hours).